I saw this genius recipe for ice cream bread with just two ingredients on Instagram last week and I wanted try something similar with the vegan cherry ice cream I made couple of weeks ago. I added some vegan chocolate chips to the batter as cherry and chocolate are definitely match made in heaven. If you plan to make this with regular ice cream, you can simply add flour and baking powder because ice cream has eggs, cream and everything else that a bread or muffin needs. If you want to try this with store bought vegan ice cream, I’d highly recommend adding egg replacer or banana as a substitute for eggs. Since the cherry ice cream had bananas, i did not add any substitutes. The muffins were moist, not too sweet and with minimal ingredients, this recipe is definitely a keeper.
3 cups all purpose flour
2.25 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups vegan cherry ice cream
handful of vegan chocolate chips
1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin pan with little oil and flour and set it aside. I used liners but still greased them with little oil.
3. Mix softened ice cream and flour mixture together until well combined.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Scoop into muffin pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.