Breakfast Tacos are a great way to kick start your day. You can make these tacos with dinner left overs, or just egg and cheese or whatever else is there in your fridge. The best news is you get to eat hot breakfast( a luxury in my part of the world on a weekday) with cooking time of about 5 minutes. Isn’t that sweet? I just scrambled an egg and added some store bought Pico de gallo (tomato, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, lemon and salt) and a generous squirt of sriracha (hot sauce). You can make your Pico too and even add veggies like peppers, and meat or tofu for extra protein. And if you can’t find tacos where you live, just wrap in a left over Roti/Chapathi or even bread would work just fine.
2 Corn/wheat soft tortillas ( I used Trader Joes vegan corn/wheat tortillas)
1 large egg
1/4 cup Trader joes hot Pico de Gallo
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce( optional)
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a non stick pan and when the oil is hot add the egg and scramble it.
2. When the egg is almost done, move them to one side of the pan and heat tortillas on the other side.
3. Divide the eggs into 2 portions on the pan.
4. Scoops the eggs with the 2 tortillas.
5. Top with Pico de gallo, hot sauce and pepper.