Potatoes are rich in potassium and vitamin C. I know even I raised my eyebrows when I read somewhere that it’s rich in vitamin C. Apparently it has more vitamin C than tomatoes. Well nutrition facts aside, I like potato because it’s a very forgiving vegetable. No matter how you cook the humble potato, it still tastes good. I can almost see many of you saying yes:-)
2 russet potatoes skin peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
1 large tomato finely chopped
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 green chilli
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
1. Take the cut potatoes in a microwave safe bowl and sprinkle some water and microwave for 7minutes.
2. While the potatoes are getting cooked, heat oil in a pan and once its hot, add cumin and fennel seeds.
3. Add chopped onions and green chilli and cook till onions turn soft.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and salt. Salt helps tomatoes cook faster. Cook till tomatoes turn mushy.
5. Add red chilli powder and turmeric.
6. Add the cooked potatoes and mix well.
7. Add a cup of water and let it cook until it comes to a boil.
8. Its optional to mash the potatoes a little and leave it the way it comes out of the microwave.
9. Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.