There are days when I wake up thinking of eating cake for breakfast. Please tell me I am not the only one craving for cakes at 7am. Well, it’s for those days that God has made this wonder apple oatmeal muffin. It has oats, apples and maple syrup and its still a CAKE or muffin or whatever:) How exciting is that? I got this recipe from here and it makes 12 medium sized muffins. So I guess now you can eat your cake and have it too . I know its a terrible joke, it’s Friday after all:)
1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
a dash of nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 cup apple diced
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin pan or spray paper liners and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and mix well.
3. Add applesauce, sugar and maple syrup and mix well.
4. Stir in the diced apples.
5. Spoon into muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 18- 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.