This is a great dish to make when you have left over rice. Refrigerated rice works well for fried rice. You can throw in some vegetables and break and egg for protein or make the same with tofu too. This can be made in 15minutes if you have rice available. I made this for lunch one Sunday and shared it with our neighbor M. He loved it so much that he told me twice that it was just perfect:) So I guess this is a keeper!
2 cups cooked rice ( I used left over basmati rice)
1 medium size onion cut lengthwise
1 cup vegetables ( I used a mix of grated cabbage, carrot and frozen green peas)
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon red chili sauce ( I used sriracha)
2 teaspoons oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1. Heat oil in a wok and when hot add onions and cook till onions turn translucent.
2. Add vegetables and sauté on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Add cooked rice and mix well and cook on medium flame for couple of minutes or until the rice is hot.
5. Push the rice to one side of the wok and break the eggs on the other side.
6. Scramble the eggs until its cooked well and gently mix with the rice.