Cumin infused basmati rice or Jeera rice is a simple yet flavorful rice. Delicate basmati rice is infused with cardamom, cinnamon and cumin to create this aromatic rice. You can serve it over beans or a bed of vegetables or with any Indian curry. With just a few ingredients you can make this in about 20 minutes. I prefer the stove top method but you can use the rice cooker as well to make this rice.
1 cup basmati rice
1/2 medium onion finely chopped
1 one inch piece cinnamon
2 teaspoons cumin/jeera seeds
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves
1. Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 10minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and when its hot add all the spices and cook for few seconds.
3. Add chopped onions and sauté till onions become golden brown.
4. Add the drained rice and fry for 2 minutes without breaking the grains.
5. Add 2 cups of water and salt and cook until rice is done.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaves.