Happy Thanksgiving folks!
There is always something wonderful about green salad on the table at mealtime. Trust me, this mixed greens salad with all the seasonal bounties is all the more wonderful. I have been eating this salad for lunch for the past 3 days. The tangy pomegranate meets the sweet pear and nutty arugula in this simple yet divine salad. I am making this tonight for thanksgiving dinner and am
hoping sure its going to be a big hit. You can use hazelnuts or walnuts instead of almonds and crumble some blue cheese on top.
5oz bag of mixed green salad ( I used a bag of Trader Joe’s Sorrento, you can mix baby spinach, baby arugula and baby lettuce to make your mixed greens)
1 medium size pomegranate de-seeded
1 pear ( I used bosc pear) cut lengthwise
1/2 cup unsalted almonds or any other nuts of your choice
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Wash and dry the greens. Use a salad spinner to dry the leaves and place them in a large bowl.
2. Toast the almonds in a pan on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes and add it to the greens.
3. Add the cut pears and pomegranate to the greens.
4. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.