This is a spicy and flavorful recipe with good old cauliflower. Cauliflower curry or gobi masala is a popular dish in Indian restaurants and a comfort food for many. This is a great vegan entrée that can be made in 20 minutes. The original recipe is from here. Serve it on a bed of rice with naan on the side for a delightful Indian meal.
1 small head cauliflower cut into florets
1 medium sized onion finely chopped
1 large tomato finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon red chili powder
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon biryani masala powder( optional, I did not use)
2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 one inch piece cinnamon
1. Heat oil in a nonstick pan and when its hot, add fennel seeds and fry for 30 seconds.
2. Add cardamom, clove and cinnamon and cook for a minute.
3. Add curry leaves and chopped onions and cook till onions golden brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, salt and cook till tomatoes turn soft.
6. Add garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix well. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes.
7. Add cauliflower florets and 1/4 cup water and mix well.
8. Cover the pan and cook on medium flame for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is just tender. Do not overcook.
9. Add chopped cilantro leaves and mix well.