Place the rolled out dough on a hot skillet. When small bubbles appear on surface, flip the roti and cook on other side.
. Cook until both sides are well cooked, about 30-45 seconds on each side.
Serve rotis immediately or store them covered in a box lined with paper towel for up to 8 hours at room temperature.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ripe, medium avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon powdered cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt ( add more, if needed)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro (optional)
1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves (optional)
1. In a large bowl mix together flour, salt and spices. Add cilantro and mint and mix well.
2. Stir in mashed avocado and lemon juice. Knead well to form a soft and non-sticky dough. Add little water, if needed.
3. Cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel and set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 6 equal sized balls. Roll between your hands till they are smooth and without cracks.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each ball into a circle of desired thickness.
6. Heat a skillet on medium heat and place the rolled out dough on the skillet. When small bubbles appear on the surface, flip the roti and cook on the other side.
7. Cook until both sides are well cooked, about 30-45 seconds on each side. If needed, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of oil or ghee.
8. Serve with Indian pickles and plain yogurt.