Spring is in the air and here’s a perfect fruit fool recipe to celebrate spring. This classic English fool recipe is elegant, fluffy and easy to make. The word “fool” probably comes from the French word “fouler” which means “to crush”. This strawberry fool dessert is classy and will definitely wow your guests. All it takes is whipped cream and some delicious sweet strawberries puréed or cut into tiny bits. I made this dessert for a friend’s baby shower yesterday and it was a huge hit among the guests. This is one dessert that anyone can make. Seriously guys, this is truly good, more than good, it’s out of this world!
1lb strawberries or any berries of your choice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 pint or 236ml heavy whipping cream
2oz mascarpone (optional)
1. Gently rinse and hull strawberries. Reserve a few for garnish and toss remaining strawberries with sugar in a large bowl. Let it sit for 20minutes.
2. Take the strawberries in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. If you like chunky pieces of fruit in the fool, just use a fork to mash the strawberries a bit. Set aside.
3. In a large, chilled bowl beat the cream until soft peaks form. If using mascarpone, add at this stage and mix well.
4. Gently fold in the strawberry mixture into cream until evenly distributed.
5. Spoon into serving dishes and top with sliced strawberries. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.