When i read about chai spiced banana bread here, I thought it was a nice variation to the classic banana bread with warm spices of chai infused into the bread. While the bread itself was moist and yummy, it didn’t taste very different from a regular banana bread. I would definitely make some changes the next time I decide to bake this bread. So if you are like me and would like the spices to be bolder, increase the amount of spices or use some freshly brewed chai/tea with spices mentioned in the recipe to give it a bolder chai flavor. The bread freezes well, it comes in handy for a quick breakfast or snack.
1.5 cups mashed, ripe banana
1/3 cup plain, fat free yogurt
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar ( I used 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar ( I used 1/4 cup)
2.25 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground all spice ( I didn’t use)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line and grease a 9X5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
3. Take banana, yogurt, butter and eggs in a bowl and beat at medium speed with a hand blender until blended.
4. Add white and brown sugar, beat for a minute until blended.
5. Sieve together flour, soda and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients and mix well.
6. Add spices and vanilla, mix well.
7. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Cool for 10minutes in pan. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.