There’s nothing like waking up to the smell of freshly baked blueberry muffins on a beautiful spring morning. This hearty blueberry muffins recipe from Martha Stewart’s Living is definitely a keeper. Whole wheat flour and wheat germ make these muffins delicious and healthy. Antioxidant- rich blueberries are a good source of fiber and vitamin C. These muffins are so delicious that you can’t stop with just one.
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar ( I used light brown sugar)
3/4 cup non-fat, plain yogurt
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
2 large eggs
1.5 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and set it aside.
2. Whisk together flours, wheat germ, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together brown sugar, yogurt, oil and eggs in another bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix until combined.
5. Fold in blueberries with a rubber spatula.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack for cooling.