I can’t believe it took me so long to share my favorite vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe with you all. These delicious cookies are made with my new best friend in the kitchen, organic extra virgin coconut oil. The chewy chocolate chip cookies are soft, slightly coconutty and bursting with chocolate chips. They are vegan, but even your grandma won’t be able to tell. Start your long weekend on a great note by baking a batch of these awesome cookies.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegan chocolate chips ( I used Trader Joe’s brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Cream together coconut oil and brown sugar. Add vanilla and almond milk, mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Roll into tablespoon sized balls, flatten them out a little and place them on the baking tray.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes.