If there’s a protein-rich, delicious simple dish perfect for a quick meal, its got to be scrambled tofu. I usually follow the recipe below for paneer bhurji/scramble, but this time I tried with extra firm tofu and I really didn’t miss the paneer much. You can follow the same recipe with eggs as well. Add any veggies of your choice and you can even make a sandwich with this delectable scramble for a wholesome meal.
1 block extra firm tofu, crumbled
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
2 Thai green chilies, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 one inch piece ginger, grated
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
2 teaspoons oil
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan. When oil is hot, add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
2. Add onions and green chilies and cook till onions turn soft.
3. Add ginger and garlic and cook for a minute.
4. Add green peppers and cook till they turn soft.
5. Add tomato and salt, cook till tomato turns mushy.
6. Add powdered spices and mix well. Let it cook for a minute.
7. Add crumbled tofu and coat evenly with spices. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Turn off the heat, add cilantro and mix well.