These muffins certainly scream summer. They look pretty and taste delicious with two wonderful summer fruits. 4th of July doesn’t have to be all about greasy food and BBQ. Welcome summer by making a big batch of these healthy, tasty muffins for breakfast tomorrow. These would make a great snack for summer picnics too. These muffins are not overly sweet and make your kitchen smell like heaven. I love the bits of sweet strawberries and ripe mangoes bursting in every bite.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1.5 cups diced strawberries
1 cup diced mangoes
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup plant milk ( I used almond milk)
2 tablespoons ground flax seed mixed in 6 tablespoons of water
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the diced strawberries and mangoes, keep them aside for 30 minutes.
3. Place the remaining sugar in a bowl along with flour, salt and baking powder.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together oil, milk, flax seeds mixture and vanilla extract.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry, gently folding them with a spatula. Do not over mix.
6. Gently fold in the fruits along with the sugar syrup.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.