Morning glory muffins have a little bit of everything that’s good for you. True to its name, its a glorious way to start your day. These muffins taste excellent with potential for infinite variations based on your taste and convenience. They are easy to make, moist and delicious. They are not overly sweet, you can add more maple syrup if you’d like. I like mine with the natural sweetness from the carrots, raisins and pineapple. Make a big batch, they taste so good that you will run out of these pretty fast.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 carrots grated
1 apple grated
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 pineapple cup chunks with juice
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons flaxseed meal mixed in 6 tablespoons warm water
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tray and set it aside.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together with the raisins, apple, carrots, walnuts and coconut.
3. Add in the flax seed mixture, oil, pineapple chunks with juice, vanilla and maple syrup. Mix well.
4. Spoon into muffin liners and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool completely on wire rack before serving or freezing.