When life gives you excess cakes, you got to try this amazing cookie which almost tastes like madeleines. If there is no such thing as excess cakes in your world, just bake one to make this cookie. Its totally worth it. There are endless possibilities with cake crumbs, you could make cake pops or use them in trifle pudding, use them in a parfait or just make these cookies and make everyone happy. I used pieces from the chocolate cake i trimmed before frosting my black forest cake. You can use any cake and the cookies will take on a subtle flavor of the cake crumbs you are using.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 cups cake crumbs (place cake in food processor and pulse for few seconds)
1 cup nuts or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Mix butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and salt until well combined.
3. Mix in the baking soda, flour and cake crumbs.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Chill the dough for 15minutes in the refrigerator.
6. Scoop the dough on to the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.