If you have been on the quest for a killer eggless vanilla cake recipe, your have come to the right place. This cake is moist, fluffy and delicious. Now lets talk about frosting. I should actually have titled this post as world’s best frosting because that is truly the highlight of this cake. I am not quite fond of butter cream frosting- there i said it, sue me! I like my frosting to be lighter so i can enjoy the cake fully. Whipped cream frosting gets a bit runny especially when cakes sit out for a while at parties. This recipe, uses the best of both worlds and creates the most perfect frosting ever. Cream cheese gives whipped cream extra body and flavor and works as a great stabilizer. You get the body of a heavier, sweeter icing, but the lightness of whipped cream. Its very easy to pipe this frosting on to a cake, it stays stable and stiff but still has the soft look of whipped cream. Mondays deserve something special, make this cake or at least this ah-mazing frosting.
Ingredients for cupcake
2.5 cups all-purpose flour
2.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter, melted
1.75 cups milk
1.25 cups sugar
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup yogurt
Ingredients for Frosting
8oz cream cheese, softened
1.75 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Place cupcake liners in a standard 12 cup muffin pan and set it aside.
2. Stir milk and 1/4 cup water together and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside.
4. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add vanilla extract and remaining water and beat well.
6. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until well combined.
7. Scoop into prepared muffin pan, about 3/4th full and bake for about 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Transfer cakes on to a wire rack and let it cool completely before frosting.
9. For the frosting, combine cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy and smooth.
10. Beat whipping cream in a chilled mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
11. Fold the whipped cream with cream cheese mixture until everything is incorporated.
12. Frost the cooled cupcakes as desired. I used Wilton 1M swirl tip for the cakes in the picture.