This super moist chocolate bread with warm cinnamon notes is a seasonal offering at Starbucks. For those in love with this bread, you are in luck. This recipe from Starbucks gives you the exact same taste and texture and now you can bake it all year along and enjoy this delicious treat in the comforts of your home. This recipe definitely isn’t for the health-conscious, but one slice wont hurt you. The bread freezes well making it perfect for those afternoons when a sudden craving strikes. Pair it with a cup of Starbucks Colombia or house blend for an ultimate treat.
1 cup flour
1.5 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1.5 sticks butter
1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for cocoa-spice topping
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
pinch of ground ginger
pinch of ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy.
3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated.
4. Sift together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
5. Whisk together the buttermilk, water and vanilla in a separate bowl.
6. Add contents of each bowl to the butter mixture, alternating between the two until it is fully blended.
7. Place batter in the prepared loaf pan.
8. Combine cocoa-spice ingredients and spread evenly over the batter.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Cool before slicing.