Howdy! Hope you all had fun watching the super bowl last evening. We certainly had a great time with good food and even better company. And the home team won in what was a one-sided game right from the start…go hawks! True to the 12th man spirit, we had plenty of good food, some healthy and some not so healthy like these potato chip spirals. These spirals are definitely a crowd pleaser, who wouldn’t love crunchy potato chips and flaky puff pastry, right? I had a bag of potato chips at home and was toying with the idea of either making a dip to go with the chips or bake something with them. I decided to go with the latter and i found this recipe here. These can be made in less than 5 minutes, minus the baking and thawing time. Therefore a perfect snack for last minute guests or a potluck appetizer. These can be easily veganized by using vegan cream cheese.
1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed for 40 minutes
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
1 cup crushed, lightly salted potato chips or any chips of your choice.
1. Unfold the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet lightly to remove the fold marks.
2. Spread the cream cheese on the pastry sheet to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
3. Sprinkle the onions and chips.
4. Starting at a short side, roll up like a jelly roll and place it on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375F.
6. Cut the roll crosswise into 20 slices and bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.